- Spector A, Thorgrimsen L, Woods B, Royan L, Davies S, Butterworth M and Orrell M (2003). Efficacy of an evidence-based cognitive stimulation therapy programme for people with dementia: Randomised Controlled Trial. British Journal of Psychiatry, 183: 248-254. PDF
- Spector A, Orrell M, Davies S and Woods B (2000). "Reality Orientation for dementia: A review of the evidence of effectiveness from randomised controlled trails." The Gerontologist, 40 (2), 206-212.
- Woods R, Spector A, Jones C, Orrell M and Davies S (2005). Reminiscence therapy for dementia: A review of the evidence of effectiveness from randomised controlled trails. In The Cochrane Library, 2, 2005. Oxford: Update Software.
- Spector A, Orrell M, Davies S and Woods B (2001). Can reality orientation be rehabilitated? Development and piloting of an evidence-based programme of cognition-based therapies for people with dementia. Neuropsychological Rehabilitation, 11(3/4): 193-196.
- Knapp M, Thorgrimsen L, Patel A, Spector A, Hallam A, Woods B and Orrell M (2005). Cognitive Stimulation Therapy for people with dementia: Cost Effectiveness Analysis. British Journal of Psychiatry: 574 - 580. PDF
- Spector A, Thorgrimsen L, Woods B and Orrell M (2005). Our Time: An evidence-based programme to offer cognitive stimulation to people with dementia. Freiberg Press: USA.
- Orrell M, Spector A, Thorgrimsen L and Woods B (2005). A pilot study examining the effectiveness of maintenance Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (MCST) for people with dementia. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 20: 446-451.
- Spector A, Thorgrimsen L, Woods B and Orrell M (2006). Making a difference: An evidence-based group programme to offer Cognitive Stimulation therapy (CST) to people with dementia. Hawker Publications: UK.
- Spector A and Orrell M (2006). A review of the use of cognitive stimulation therapy in dementia management. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 2 (8):381-385.
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (2006). Dementia: supporting people with dementia and their carers in health and social care. NICE clinical guideline 42, November 2006. www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg42
- Leach L (2004). Cognitive stimulation therapy improves cognition and quality of life in older people with dementia. Evidence-Based Mental Health, 7 (1):19.
- Aguirre E, Spector A, Streater A, Hoe J, Woods B and Orrell M (2011). Making a Difference 2. Hawker Publications: UK.
- Spector A, Orrell M and Woods B (2010). Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST): effects on different areas of cognitive function for people with dementia. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 25 (12): 1253-1258.
- Spector A, Gardner C & Orrell M (2011). The impact of Cognitive Stimulation Therapy groups on people with dementia: views from participants, their carers and group facilitators. Ageing & Mental Health, 15 (8): 945-949.
Orrell M., Aguirre E., Spector A., Hoare Z., Streater A., Woods B., Streater A., Donovan H., Hoe J., Russell I. Maintenance Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) for dementia: A single-blind, multi-centre, randomised controlled trial of Maintenance CST vs. CST for dementia. Submitted.
NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement. (2011) An economic evaluation of alternatives to antipsychotic drugs for individuals living with dementia. The NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement, Coventry House, University of Warwick Campus, Coventry, UK.
D’Amico, F., Rehill, A., Knapp, M., Aguirre, E., Donovan, H., Hoare, Z., ... & Whitaker, C. (2014). Maintenance cognitive stimulation therapy: an economic evaluation within a randomised controlled trial. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association (JAMDA): long-term care: management, applied research and clinical issues.
Orgeta, V., Leung, P., Yates, L., Kang, S., Hoare, Z., Henderson, C., ... & Moniz-Cook, E. D. (2015). Individual cognitive stimulation therapy for dementia: a clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness pragmatic, multicentre, randomised controlled trial. Health Technology Assessment, 19(64), 1-108.
Yates L, Orrell M, Leung P, Spector A, Woods B, Orgeta V (2014). Making a Difference 3: Individualised CST – A manual for carers. Hawker Publications, UK.